Dog Agility 101
Dog Agility is a super fun “team” activity in which you direct your off-leash dog through a series of obstacles such as jumps, tunnels, and weave poles.
Here are just a few benefits of dog agility:
- intense physical and mental workout
- increased confidence
- better off-leash control of your dog
- strengthened bond with your dog
- improved communication
- fun for all!
Our Dog Agility 101 Group Class is a great way for you and your dog to get started in agility.
During this 6 week course, you will learn the fundamental concepts for safe agility training, and begin running your dog through several obstacles on our state of the art agility course.
To make sure everyone gets plenty of individual attention, we only accept 6 dog-handler teams per class.
You will also receive 30 minutes of free private access to our agility yard so that you can practice on your own. Additional time may be booked at a discounted rate of $10 per 30min. The yard is available for private access on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays at various times. Pre-booking is required.
I’m telling you, agility is FUN.
Dog Agility 101 Group Class takes place in a large outdoor yard at our Behavior Center, located at 10010 Manchaca Rd., Austin, TX, 78748, right behind Howl n’ Woof Dog Daycare.
Dog Agility 101 consists of 6 one hour classes held at the same time for 6 consecutive weeks, with holiday weekends skipped.
Classes that are postponed due to weather will be rescheduled to predetermined rain dates.
See calendar for upcoming Dog Agility 101 start dates.
A 50% deposit is required to book your spot. Deposit is refundable up until 7 days before the start date of the class. Balance is due before the start date of the class.
- Dogs must be at least 6 months old at the time of the first class to attend.
- Rabies, Distemper, and Parvo vaccines must be current.*
- You must be able to attend all six weeks of classes. Missed classes will not be made up and it will be very difficult to catch you up if you miss a week.
- Dogs must be non-reactive towards other dogs and humans (a little barking is fine, but if the idea of standing with your dog in a yard full of other dogs fills you with utter dread, then this class is probably not the best place to begin. Please register for a Behavior Evaluation instead.) Reactive dogs who have attended our Day School program may be eligible to attend. Please contact us to discuss.